Monday, February 4, 2008

A Time to Tell

4th February 2008

SCRIPTURE
So the man went off and proceeded to spread throughout Decapolis all that Jesus had done for him.
Mk 5:20

OBSERVATION
The demoniac of Decapolis has just been delivered of his legion of demons who went into a herd of pigs and drowned. The fully recovered man begs to be allowed to stay with Jesus. Jesus, remarkably, instructs him to stay with his people and "tell them all that the Lord in His mercy has done for you".

APPLICATION
This story is extraordinary because of the unusual instruction given by Jesus. Instead of commanding the delivered man not to tell anyone what has happened, as He usually did, Jesus encourages him to tell everyone of his miracle deliverance. It seems there is a time to tell of what God has done in my life...and He has done much. My testimony can achieve much for God's Kingdom when told in season.

PRAYER
Holy Spirit, remind me of all that God has done in my life and then prompt me when to tell it.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: