Thursday, February 28, 2008

There are none so blind...

Thursday 28th February 2008

SCRIPTURE
But some of them said, ‘It is through Beelzebul, the prince of devils, that he casts out devils’. Others asked him, as a test, for a sign from heaven;
LK. 11:15

OBSERVATION
Jesus has just delivered a mute who then spoke to the amazement of the crowd. But even when faced with this indisputable evidence before them some people questioned and doubted. What would it take to convince them? Jesus knows nothing will convince them and so refuses to perform tricks.

APPLICATION
There are none so blind as those who will not see. I know this saying to be true as a work with such people. When their minds are made up even a miracle will not change them. So what do I do? Give up on them? Jesus plainly states "He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me, scatters". There is an inference there that once the Truth has been plainly and clearly proclaimed and people still refuse to believe, then it's time to move on. The real question is have I yet
plainly and clearly proclaimed the Truth?

PRAYER
Holy Spirit, please give me the courage to be a strong witness to my work colleagues.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: