Saturday, February 9, 2008

Spring of Fresh Water

Saturday 9th February 2008

SCRIPTURE
He will give you strength to your bones and you will be like a watered garden, like a spring of water whose waters never run dry.
Is. 58:11

OBSERVATION
Isaiah continues his great exhortation for acts of justice. It's always "If... Then...). But the wonderful promises contained in the "Then" make the "If" a good choice.

APPLICATION
Lately I've been saying yes too often and it's starting to crowd in on me. There are a lot of balls in the air and I'm danger of dropping them. The promise of strength to my bones and waters that never run dry catches my attention. One "If" this promise hangs on is to do away with the wicked word. When I'm stressed my mouth runs away with me. The main victims tend to be my loved ones at home. Today my mouth can be a spring of fresh water rather than a sewer. And then... strength to my bones, waters that never run dry. Thank you Jesus.

PRAYER
Holy Spirit, place a guard on my thoughts and a sentry at my lips.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: