Friday, February 29, 2008

Love God, Love Others

Friday 29th February 2008

SCRIPTURE
...you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: You must love your neighbour as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.
Mk. 12:29-31

OBSERVATION
Jesus answers the scribes question about which is the greatest commandment with such authority that He is questioned no more until His trail. And then they are not interested in His answers. This was Jesus' last public teaching and in the three verses He addressed the the deepest question in all of us - why am I here? Answer - to love God and love others.

APPLICATION
Loving God and loving others is one thing I definitely know I can practice here on earth that I know I will be doing in heaven. How well am I practicing? Love God, Love others will be my mantra for today.

PRAYER
Holy Spirit, let the power of Your love flow through me today that Jesus may be glorified.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: