Friday, February 8, 2008

Less of Me

Friday 8th of February 2008

SCRIPTURE
Is not this the sort of fast that pleases me ...to break unjust fetters ...set the oppressed free ...share your bread ...shelter the homeless ...cloth the the naked.
Is. 58:6-8
OBSERVATION
The great prophet Isaiah is speaking to the Israelites about fasting, and speaking to me. It seems that God is more interested in what I do rather than what I don't do. And the doing has very much to do with justice towards others.

APPLICATION
Everything that Isaiah lists in this reading could come under the heading "Love Your Neighbour". What stops me from loving my neighbour? ...busyness, self centeredness, greed. It's time for a Copernicus Revolution in my life, a 180 degree shift of focus off me and onto my neighbours. A tough call, but I can try one day at a time, starting today.

PRAYER
Jesus my brother, walk beside me today so I may see and love my neighbours as you see and love.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: