Tuesday, February 26, 2008

How Many Times?

Tuesday 26th February 2008

SCRIPTURE
Were you not bound, then, to have pity on your fellow servant just as I had pity on you?
Mt. 18:33

OBSERVATION
Peter has just asked how many times he must forgive, prompting Jesus to speak on one of His most persistent of topics - unforgiveness. It's the thing that most threatens man's eternal salvation; most threatens my eternal salvation.

APPLICATION
The unforgiving servant in this parable is so clearly me. I quickly allow the little lawyer in me to place me in the right and others in the wrong. But this parable cuts through to the real point... I have been forgiven so much, how can I not forgive others. It's good for me to remember the pig pen that I have come from and the mercy shown me. Suddenly its easier to forgive my fellow servants. Now, who was the last person I couldn't forgive? Oh yes, on the weekend; that lady in the hire center who failed to deliver what we ordered...

PRAYER
Lord Jesus, you know how I struggle to forgive. Help me let go of resentment so that forgiveness may flow out and healing of my wound flow in.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: