Saturday, February 2, 2008

Healing Light

31st January 2008

SCRIPTURE
Surely you will put (the lamp) on the lamp stand.
Mk. 4:21

OBSERVATION
Jesus' parable of the lamp is focusing on the things hidden and kept secret, things that need to be disclosed and brought out into the light. Dark secrets maitain their power and influence until they are brought out into the open. The light of exposure seems to cause them to shrivel up and die within me.

APPLICATION
I have my dark secrets that need to be exposed to the light and love of Jesus. He is the only one I can trust with them. So, where do I start? Maybe the light-giving sacrament of reconciliation would be a good place to begin. There I am gauranteed to find the light and love of Jesus.

PRAYER
Holy Spirit, please give me the courage to step out of the darkness into His glorious light.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: