Saturday, February 23, 2008

He Ran to Me

Saturday 23rd February 2008

SCRIPTURE
He ran to the boy, clasped him in his arms and kissed him tenderly.
Lk 15:20

OBSERVATION
All three readings today highlight the mercy and love of God the Father. Psalm 103 is the greatest self-portrait of God. The Gospel is the beautiful parable of the prodigal son, told by Jesus in response to criticism of him welcoming sinners. Jesus goes to great lengths in this long parable to portray the love and mercy, the spontaneous forgiveness of God the Father.

APPLICATION
What a relief this portrayal of God always gives me each time I read it. I'm reminded of my own conversion story where I had gone to the pig pen before I "came to my senses". God embraces filth and stench and corruption once the heart has repented, once my heart has repented...

PRAYER
Father in Heaven, thank you that you run to me, clasp me in your arms and call me son.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: