Saturday, February 2, 2008

He has been tempted.

2nd February 2008

SCRIPTURE
That is, because He has Himself been through temptation He is able to help others who are tempted.
Heb. 2:18

OBSERVATION
The writer of Hebrews is emphasising the humaness of our God. He says Jesus too shared eqully in the same flesh and blood of us. This is a unique qulity of our God that can be said of no other god . God became man, the creator entered His fallen creation and experienced the same temptations to evil that I experience.

APPLICATION
what a relief this quality of Jesus is. He knows how I feel because He's been here! He is the ultimate empathetic listener because He's been in my shoes. And because He knows what it is like to be me He knows how to help me , how to heal me of my wound. What a relief!

PRAYER
Jesus, my friend, my brother; help me.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: