Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fear or Faith

5th February 2008

SCRIPTURE
Do not be afraid; only have faith.
Mk. 5:36
OBSERVATION
Jesus has responded to the plea of Jairus to come and heal his sick daughter. On His way news arrives that the young girl has died. Jesus immediately encourages Jairus not to give in to fear but to hold on to hope, through faith.
APPLICATION
Fear or Faith; this is the choice before me when facing each crisis that life brings. Fear or Faith seems synonymous with Death or Life.
Last night I had a stand up shouting match argument with my son. In the cool light of this morning I'm feeling more than a little foolish over my behavior. Fear or Faith; Death or Life. I think in faith I will say something life-giving when I see him, maybe as life-giving as an apology.
PRAYER
Holy Spirit, give me your courage to take a risk and say sorry.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: