Friday, January 25, 2008

The Signs

Friday 25th January 2008

The Conversion of
Saint Paul, Apostle

Feast

SCRIPTURE
These are the signs that will be associated with believers: in my name they will cast out devils; they will have the gift of tongues; they will pick up snakes in their hands, and be unharmed should they drink deadly poison; they will lay their hands on the sick, who will recover.’

MK 16:18

OBSERVATION
The resurrected
Jesus has appeared to the Apostles and before ascending to heaven gives them the Great Commission to preach to all the nations. And then he describes the characteristics that believers will exhibit:

- Casting out demons

- Speaking in tongues

- Impervious to evil

- Exercising healing


APPLICATION
Sometimes I lower my expectations of the church, lower my expectations of myself. This wonderful promise of
Jesus for His church is a promise for me – today! I have supernatural gifts to exercise as I “Preach the Good News to all Creation”. To what end? …to bring others to the life-giving knowledge of Jesus.

PRAYER
Holy Spirit; please fill me with your power today that I may bring glory to
Jesus.

Little Flower; please pray for me.

No comments: